Sunday 12 January 2014

The days that I spent my 1st year Semester 2 in NYP SIDM continues on~

The 2nd Semester, we finally learn some new stuff.

- Learning the basic of 3D modeling using Autodesk Maya
- Learning the principles of storyboarding, to plan out our shots for our stories
- Learning some more drawing principles, using charcoal to draw on A2 in a live studio (a nice relaxing experience)
- Learning the histories of Art&Film back in the old times, is history lessons.
- Learning of "Color Theory", bought paints (gauche) and brushes to paint them, now those stuff of mine seems to be collecting dust in one corner. And digital painting

For 3D, here is the toy I modeled from "transformer cybertron". If anyone knows Maya, at that moment of time, we only learn materials like Lambert, Blinn and Phong only. I did a turntable of it, but I can't upload it, I don't know why seriously since this is my 1st time doing blogs, is it video format? data size




Next is the storyboard of a Christmas Special, hoped you guys know what I am trying to convey here.




Using those storyboards, I recreate a scene and color it, in this case I used the 1st panel